Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco-Lucent ISDN connection

costaspal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody.

I'm wondering wether has any one ever made a Cisco router with an ISDN BRI interface connect to a Lucent (i.e. ClearTrac V352), with an ISDN modem plugged at one of its serial ports. I have reached the point where my (Cisco) router dials out, and completes CHAP authentication with the Lucent but nothing else...! When we replaced the central router with our Cisco one, the plan was for the Lucents' to call out but that never worked. Any suggestions or proposed configs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Costas

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure that the lucent is configured appropriately for ppp connection.

We just need to see the debug regarding following from cisco router.

debug dialer

debug isdn q931

debug ppp negotiation

debug ppp authentication

Pl. post the debug with config to see what exactly the issue is.

Hello Tejal.

Thanks for taking the time to respond !

The Lucent was configured for PPP on the port in question.

I went back to the client today to gather the debugs for you, and while doing so I "played-around" with the Authentication options of the Lucent. It was not even a hunch, but it turns out that Lucent needed (!!) to Authenticate both ways the call...

Since I achieved connectivity through the Dialer interface I assume there is no need to keep this Question open. I still don't have proper routing with the Lucent but I believe it has to do with the way Lucent treats routes. I suspect I may have to implement OSPF in order to use "watch-lists", so I have some searching to do...

Unless you have any other suggestions, consider the case closed...

Thanks

Constantinos