Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO MIBs and Insight Manager.

I am getting the following error when tring to import this MIB into Compaq Insight Manager 7. Doesn't seem to matter which one I try it can't find "itself" to compile.

'CISCO-SMI-V1SMI.mib' Failed Registration: 'Cannot open file: CISCO-SMI-V1SMI.mib.'

Not sure what is going on but seems to be a common problem. There are some posts on the Compaq site about this but no one has an easy fix. The only fix they have is to correct the MIB files manually.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Compaq InSight Manager has always been problematic when it comes to Loading/Compiling MIBs.

Have you loaded the pre-requisite MIBs first?. Also have a look at the section "MIB Compilers: What Are They? Do You Care? What Issues Might You Encounter and What Are the Workarounds" at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/mibs_9226.shtml which might help yout. Other than that you may have to fix the MIB files manually to load them. Though I haven't seen any such issues with HPOV and NetView for loading/compiling the MIBs.

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

One common issue that I remember from one of the past InSight Manager MIB loading problems was that it didn't liked the dash '-' in the MIB file name and always complained on it.

I have tried modifying the files by renaming them without dashes and also going into the mib files to point them at the new file names. Differnet message now. MIB error "Cannot find parent"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: