Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Anonymous
N/A

Cisco ONE process - distribution inventory

I'm trying to better understand the process is shipping inventory from a distributor and still providing a customer with the option of Cisco ONE.  For example, part number C1-WS3850-48P/K9 is a direct ship from Cisco.  We can add the "Foundation" and "Advanced" Cisco ONE licenses as add-ons to this part, but the customer would not receive the inventory for 2-3 weeks. 

Distribution stocks hundreds of this switch with either the LAN Base, IP Base or IP Services image.  If we sell them the base model with LAN Base (WS-C3850-48P-L) I'm under the impression that we can leverage the "Mid-Cycle Refresh" to purchase the same "Foundation" and "Advanced" Cisco ONE licenses.  Assuming that is accurate, I have a few questions.

1) Are there extra steps that are required by the partner when we use the mid-cycle process on something that ships from distribution stock to insure the customer receives the same benefits as if they purchased the "C1-" sku as a direct ship?  Does the serial number of the switch need to be tied to the upgrade skus to insure the customer sees the advantages of Cisco ONE?

2) How does the customer go about getting the IP Base and IP Services image/PAK when they order via the mid-cycle process?

Thanks!

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies