Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Router wont LOGIN

gopal_voip
Level 1
Level 1

dear networkers..

my cisco 2620 stopped logging in via console and aux port too all of a sudden i guess it got hanged dont know due to what , i tried all speeds at hyperterminal, in vain, at 9600 bps..its showing me junk characters like.." CCCCCCCC"...

10 Replies 10

windston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, are you sure that router is up? there was some ethernet interface up before this problem? can you ping it?

If is not maybe the router do not finish boot procces, try go to rommonitor when restart the router.

Winston

dear winston

the router is physically up,it activity LED is constantly blinking, fixed and periodic, windston when i just let it boot, my 2620 was connected to my 2500 via S0, and the serial link came up, but i couldnt see via cdp nor ping my 2620 via serial though it was up , nor telnet it..now i then removed all the connected interfaces..serial/fastethernet..still im there ..its showing me junk in consoel cable..i need ur assistance..

shukky

Please try the following:

Switch off the router.

Connect your PC to the console.

Switch ON the router.

You should now see clear text when the router boots.

If not, your config-register is probably messed up.

Regards,

Leo

dear windston,lgijssel..i have booted the router with no interfaces attached, stilll nothing just blank..even if my config-register is messed up still i have to atleast login into rommon mode to rectify, so friends pls...tell me the recovery process,, need it badly

shukky

Dear Shukky,

This is appearently not your lucky day.

You now say that the screen remains blank.

That is a different ballgame indeed.

First make sure that your Terminal (PC with Hyperterm) is working. You will need another serial device to check communicatons for that. If this is the case, and the console of your router is-and remains showing blanks, your router is probably dead.

Regards,

Leo

dear leo.hmmmm..it was new router , it just isnt possible all of sudden, router goes dead..

ill try again...pls if u have any other ideas lemme know...appreciate u

shukky

I am having similar problems and alot of people have given information.

Have you tried to turn the router off and when you restart it, hit the contrl/break key combination within thirty seconds?

Also, this site might help...

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/130/xmodem generic.html

Hope this will be of some help...Bill

Now guess, what i tried speed 9600 upwards, but i got consoel at 1200 baud rate, i checked my config register is showing me variuos combinations after

booting first was 0x1024, then 0x3102 now its 0x8102, its not taking the value of register at global-config mode, any Ideas..My fellow Networkers

shukky

Hi shukky,

Try with set to 0x2102 and reset

Windston

nihanth
Level 1
Level 1

It might be problem with console cable . did you use proper cable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: