cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco Secure ACS 3.2 User Changeable Password-HELP

lofsfaith
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently using ACS 3.2,running on windows 2000 server, authenticating against our domain controller Active Directory account as well as the cisco secure database. We would like to utilize the User changeable password function that Cisco Secure ACS 3.2 offers. My question is in using this, does this change your password in the active directory account or just the Cisco Secure Database? If only the cisco secure database, is there a way users can change their passwords on the active directory via the ACS server? Also, because of memory on the current ACS server (128 mb)can we run the UCP on another box or does it have to run off the same web server box? If someone could please HELP me with this or point me to the manual that can help. As we are working on a timeframe.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It probably would work, but with extremely poor performance. I suggest 256 Mb of RAM at least. 512 Mb of RAM is ideal, but 256 will work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pvanvuuren
Level 3
Level 3

The user changeable password function only works with the local ACS user database. I believe that MS-CHAP must be used to use the change password functionally with AD. You need to run IIS ver 5.0 or later on a server. You can have the ACS on a different server. To do this you need to: 1. Add this UCP server to ACS as an AAA server in its network configuration tab. 2. Enable "distributed system settings from the "Advanced Options" under Interface configuration.

Have a look at this document too:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_configuration_example09186a0080094e7b.shtml

P

[Momento Mori]

pvanvuuren,

Thank You for your instant reply. It looks like this may help me .

pvanvuuren

I need to know if 128mb of ram will be enough to run the iis and the authentication of the secure plus the authentication of a wireless VPN? could you please let me know.

It probably would work, but with extremely poor performance. I suggest 256 Mb of RAM at least. 512 Mb of RAM is ideal, but 256 will work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: