Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco support for third-party apps on SRE?

Hi - I am thinking about running some third-party unified communications apps under VMWare ESXi5 on a Cisco SRE 900 module.   According to the Cisco docs, third-party apps are supported on these modules (see table below) but the app in question is NOT on Cisco's list below.  

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps10598/data_sheet_c78-553913.html

Some questions:

1.  As long as the third-party app is capable of running under VMWare/VSphere ESXi5, is there anything on the SRE that would prevent you from running this third-party app even though it's not on Cisco's list?

2.  What is Cisco's policy on the use of third-party apps that are not on their list?    For example, will they take a support call on the SRE running a non-listed app (I am not expecting them to help me with the app but I don't want to void any sort of support contract through the use of a third-party app not on their list).

Thanks !

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As long as 3rd party app is capable of running on ESXi 5 it would run on SRE hardware. Cisco doesn't prevent these apps from running even if they are competitive. From a support perspective Cisco TAC will not take any support calls for these applications nor would know how to redirect the call to these 3rd party partners. Cisco TAC will only support SRE and ESXi related issues.

2 REPLIES

As long as 3rd party app is capable of running on ESXi 5 it would run on SRE hardware. Cisco doesn't prevent these apps from running even if they are competitive. From a support perspective Cisco TAC will not take any support calls for these applications nor would know how to redirect the call to these 3rd party partners. Cisco TAC will only support SRE and ESXi related issues.

OK - thanks for the helpful response !

Views
Helpful
Replies