Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Switch Management

I need a network tool to manage Cisco switches. Like changing snmp read and write strings on 2000+ devices. Cisco sales refered me to Cisco works for windows 2000. I just installed it and had to fix it before it would work, not to mention that there is no management capabilites for updating IOS, Passwords or community strings, it has a nice picture of individual devices but seems to lack large scale management. You would think that if a companiy were to spend several million dollars for hardware they could get some management software with it? Thanks for ANY help.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Cisco Switch Management

CiscoWorksWindows is not designed for updating IOS, password etc. It's a small monitoring application. What you need to look at is Cisco Works 200 bundle which is a suite of various applications designed for doing various functions. For example, RME can do Software Management (upgrading IOS etc), change device configs, passwords, string and much more. More details at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/wr2k/

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.