Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CISCO WORKS 2000 COLLECTION OF LOGGING INFORMATION

I need to collect logging information from cisco devices in my network, I can not configure this cisco devices to send this information to a syslog server because it is too much load for the network, so my question is; is there a way to schedule cisco works to take the logging buffers on the cisco devices at certain time of the day?

3 REPLIES

Re: CISCO WORKS 2000 COLLECTION OF LOGGING INFORMATION

Hi,

I dont think there is anything like that. Cisco Works has a syslog server running, and any messages that come or hit the server, it (server) will try to analyse the message and do necessary action or what ever. If you can tell to router to send these messages, some other time then yes.

But again This cannot be done. And usually there should not be much network traffic unless we are talking of very large numbers

Thanks,

Habib

You could probably write a script to telnet to the router and run the "sh logging" command. You would then have to parse out the results yourself. However, a better solution may be to turn on only the levels of syslog messages that you really need.

Hi,

When you specify the traplevel you can reduce the number of traps sent by the device. Futher you could use multiple syslog-servers or even dedicated event collectors (for example "Envision" from network-intelligence.com or "SystemWatch" from Open.com with agents that can filter events before sending to a central collector).

Kind regards,

Alexander

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content