Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Works 2000 Performance

I installed CW 2000 on a work station with a 933 Mhz PIII and 512 Megs of memory. Performance was fine initiailly. The work station was subsequently set up as a backup management server with a Netware 5.1 client and Arc Serve 2000. Since Cisco recommends reinstalling CW 2000 if you update a service pack in Windows NT/2000 would this also apply to the Netware 5.1 Client? I assume this probably modified some configuration files.

Also, the Arc Serve 2000 uses a browser interface. Does anyone know if this software package would have changed the browser settings, especially the java settings?

I appreciate any feedback anyone could provide.

Michael

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Cisco Works 2000 Performance

To get the best performance for CW2000 do *not* install other applications on the same server with CW2000 including Arc Serve 2000 etc.

Blue

Also, depending on what aditional applications that you may have installed with CW2000 on the same box, 512MB RAM be not be sufficient. This factor also depends upon the number of devices being managed by CW2000

Thanks for the info. The customer is purchasing a more capable server for CW 2000. I did convince them to divorce these two functions and dedicate the new server to CW 2000 only. They asked me to confirm that their current configuration was causing the slow performance though.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content