Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Works - how can I stop it from finding HP devices

The ANI server polls the net periodically in search of devices and finds both Cisco and HP devices. Our lan has a total of approx 600 switches and I wish to reduce the load on Cisco Works.Is there an ANI server config file which I can adjust so that it will only search for Cisco devices ?

Roger Roberts

Network Infrastructure and Maintenance

Prentice Building

University of Queensland

St.Lucia 4072

Brisbane Queensland Australia

Ph : +61 7 3365-8546

Fax : +61 7 3365-1789

Mob : +61 7 0412-218-910

r.roberts@its.uq.edu.au

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Cisco Works - how can I stop it from finding HP devices

You can setup Discovery Filters in ANI Discovery Settings.

Bronze

ANI discover devices via CDP and SNMP. Wonder how HP devices be possible discovered? Even if the are discovered, they are not supported. In addition, you can also use filter to discover only the IP range or VTP domain you want.

They are discovered because they are rebranded Cisco switches. HP sells a limited number of Cisco equipment using their own brand name. They even support CDP.

As ANI discoery works with CDP and HP devices do speak CDP by default they are discoverd. Don`t know if you can disable CDP on a HP device. If not, you have to exclude the devices by IP, at the bottom of the page where you enter your seed devices (ANI Setup). Use the right mouse button to enter more devices then lines are shown.

Not all HP switches, just HP switches that are actually Cisco rebranded products.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content