Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco works LAN management solution 1.0

Hi,

I have LAN management solution 1.0 software suite for solaris(very old version)

It has the following:

1. CD one + Cisco view 5.1

2. RME 3.1

3. Traffic Director 5.8

4. Campus Manager 3.0

With this software, can I monitor my CAT 6500 switches and 7200 routers.

Is it possible to achieve the following monitoring with the above software?

I need the following monitors to work:

1. Able to see graphs like MRTG graphs and see 1 month history of my network utilization. See the peak utilization for the whole day etc.

2. Able to set SNMP traps and get alerts on my pager when the events reach thresholds.

3. Reset the device or interface remotely when something goes down. (cisco view is working fine)

4. Some kind of dash board to look at the entire network to verify everything is OK.

I have installed traffic director 5.8 on solaris box. I need to monitor traffic on CAT 6500 and 7200 router. According to the cisco's documentation, it says I need switchprobe device or NAM module to get full statistics of the network. I can't rove the VLAN ports. Basically I can't do anything without switchprobe or NAM device. What's the use of just having traffic dir software?

The alert monitor, trend reporter, top n talkers also doesn't work.

I get the following error whenever I try to make changes.

"entry or group not present in Agent --- Agent name"

It could be domain RMON,IP etc and group could be protocol dir etc.

Any ideas/ suggestions?

Please let me know if you have passed this hurdle.

I don't care if I can achieve the above 4 monitors by some other means. Cisco works is not a must. It should be freeware if not ciscoworks :)

Thanks for reading... and please do reply if you have a solution.

Thanks,

Shekar

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Cisco works LAN management solution 1.0

1) Can use CiscoView which have the Real Time Graphs feature. But cannot do any historical trending with it.

2) Need to use Device Fault Manager (DFM) which comes with comes with the latest CW2000 LMS bundle only.

3) Can use CiscoView or NetConfig in RME

4) Campus Manager will give you this.

Traffic Director is End of Life and End of TAC Support as of March this year: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/wr2k/tpdr/prodlit/1943_pp.htm

nGenius Real Time Monitor is the replacement application for it.

Without a Probe or NAM, you can only get mini-rmon data from switches in TD or any other RMON application like RTM. In order to get Network and Application Layer stats, Probe/NAM is a must which provides full rmon data. It is a feature and not a bug :-)

Your applications are pretty old now, considering that the latest are CV 5.5, Campus 3.3 and RME 3.5

Hi Rizwan,

I know the Traffic director is end of life. I need to know whether I can get alert monitor and trend reporter working without switchprobe device.

I just have CW software and CAT 6K.

Is the switch probe or NAM a prereq for setting up these alerts and getting trend reports?

Blue

Not sure what is causing with the alert monitor and trend reporter, but you can try upgrading to TD 5.8.3a from: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cwsi-td-smus

to see if it helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies