Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WS-C6506-E EOS / EOL notice

chris_tan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Looking for a cisco URL where show the C6506-E End-of-Life and End-of-Sale informations.

On top of it, where can i see a list of all others products same EOS / EOL info?

Thanks.

Regards,

Christopher

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

6500E chassis are not EoS.  The plain 6500 are.  Here's the link:

End-of-Sale Models

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks. 

Thanks for the link. It is helpfull.

Is there a URL where show the future date on those EOS / EOL products? where it can be very usefull for my product life cycle budget.

The "E" series chassis still have alot of life to go, up to 2020.  Cisco is even about to unviel a new Supervisor engine by 3rd Quarter of 2011 called the Sup2T.  Read more below (start from page 18).

http://www.cisco.com/web/AP/partners/assets/docs/Day1_03a_Catalyst_Update.pdf

Here's a tip:  Stay away from the 6708-10G because it won't be supported on the new Sup2T.

Hi Leo,

Even after 5 years of this post....I believe Cisco has still not announced EOL for below

switches. Your confirmation is required or if cisco has announced then please share the document.

1- 6506-E

2- 6509-E

Thanks/Regards

Cisco has not yet announced the EoS/EoL for the 6500E chassis, however, it is rumoured (yet again) the announcement will be made in the next 12 months. 

Cisco wants everyone to start migrating to the 6807X/6880X and the 6840X.  

There is NO MORE GROWTH with the 6500E chassis.  The last-and-final supervisor card the chassis can support is the Sup2T.  This means that when Cisco releases a new supervisor card in 2016, the chassis will no longer be able to support it.

Thanks...I just wanted the confirmation....

thanks for the info.

is there any official cisco documents, that have EOL  for WS-C6509-V-E, 

I also wanted confirmation. 

is there any official cisco documents, that have EOL  for WS-C6509-V-E, 

As of January 2016, there is still no notice (from HERE). 

New supervisor card, Sup6T, will be announced in the next few weeks.  

jackehrmiller
Level 1
Level 1

All of Cisco's EOL announcements are in the future, usually several years.  The 6500-E chassis have not been announced yet, and are still for sale.  You can count on at least 3 to 5 years of support for these.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: