Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO2621XM IOS12.3 - X.25/TCP Translation

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Forum,

I have to transfer user application data from one TCP host in Germany to different X.25 destinations in Europe (CH, F, NL, IT).

To destinations in CH, F and IT the transfer will going well. Only to NL we have strange troubble.

During X.25 traces we found characters "^@" (5e 40) as echoes of all incomming 00hex and all other charcters are echoed as 7bit ASCII (e.g. ff to 7f).

The other side in NL can't interpret this an closed the connection.

At the first time the router runs with "service no pad" command.

Now I've tested some settings of PAD parameters 2:0 20:128 21:4 and have defined x29 profiles. The x25tcp translation rule and all tcpx25 rules are associatad with this profile. All incomming connections are well with the settings. From NL also.

But outgoing with no effect. The PAD parameter 2 for echo and 21 for parity treatment contained not the profile values.

What can I do for clear transparent transfer of 8bit data in and out without echo?

Thank you.

Lutz

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

You can create an X.29 profile script for use by the translate command. When an X.25 connection is established, the routing device using protocol translation software acts as if an X.29 SET PARAMETER packet had been sent that contained the parameters and values set by this command.

For information go through

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080087375.html#xtocid1581624

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: