Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoView: Error when monitoring

amedinamartin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Forum,

I get the following error message when I try to monitor a 3600 router: "No such instance error on dsx1 CurrentCSSs.4"

We've got some other 3600 devices in our network, but only one of them is reporting this problem. Configuration, agents, patchs.., everything seems to be working fine, so I don't know how it comes nor how it can be fixed.

Please, any idea? Thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What is the version of CiscoView that you're using?. Make sure that you have installed the latest v15.0 device package for your 3600 in CiscoView from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/CiscoView/cvplanner.cgi

Sorry, I forgot to mention it: CiscoView 5.4 The Active Device Package that we've got running right now on our routers 3600 is version 14.0. But this problem with monitoring only happens with one router, the rest seems to be working properly and under the same conditions. So I'm actually not sure that upgrading the system with v15.0 package could fix this error.

But well, you are the experts... :-) Please let me know what you think about it... Thanks again!

You still may want to upgrade the CV device package to see if it helps. This will atleast eliminate that this issue is not due to the device package. And it's always recommended to have the latest device packages for the devices that you're managing via CV anyway.

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your advice. I've just upgraded the device version, and the problem stays the same. What do you think it's going wrong yet?

Thanks again, regards

I'd suggest that you contact TAC to troubleshoot this problem further.

Ok, i'll do that. Thanks for your attention!

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: