cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoView not accessing router

airnorth
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed CiscoWorks 2000 CD one 4th edition and Campus Manager 3.1. I also have the RME and DFM options. I am having problems with it. I'm guessing they are all related. I had it working before but ran into problems and in the troubleshooting process removed it and reinstalled and now I can not get back to the point I was at before.

1. My CiscoView 5.3 will not access the router (3660). It gives an error reporting bad device package or trying to open a subinterface --open the parent equipment instead. I am using the ethernet interface as the IP address. I reinstalled hoping it was a bad package installation, but no luck--still bad I was going to download a new software package, but my account does not allow software downloads.

2. Also my Campus Manager will not show hostnames in UserTracking. If I understand correctly, It uses the router to obtain that information so it seems to point back to question #1.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

For 1) above, have you made sure that you have the latest 3600 device package installed from CCO?. If not, you can contact TAC to get it. Also, you have to make sure that the SNMP Community strings configured on the device match exactly that in CiscoView, otherwise CV will not be able to contact the device properly.

For 2) above, see if http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/Campus/ani.shtml helps.

Thanks, I finally have it working.

1.) I downloaded the latest 3600 package and that fixed my problem viewing the router with CiscoView.

2.) Looked through the different options and I think there was a box for using DNS to lookup hostnames. Checked that and I think that is what fixed the hostname appearances.