cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoview performance

colin.barber
Level 1
Level 1

I have just installed Ciscoview V5.3. If I monitor a device from the CiscoWorks server the response is very quick. However when accessing from a remote machine it can take upto 1 minute for the device to display. I have Java patches installed and have tried on different operating systems, browsers etc.

Is this normal?

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

The response time can vary on several factors, browser type, correct version of Java Plug-in, how well populated the devices chassis is like opening a fully populated Cat6513 may take a bit more time then say a 2900XL. Also, SNMP connectivity/response time from the client could be a factor.

The Ciscoworks server is in a test area at the moment and the client is is on the same segment.

It doesn't matter if I view a Cat 6009 or a 7204 router, the time is much longer from the client than from the server. They are both using the same browser version and Java plug-in.

As an example viewing a Cisco 5500 from the server takes about 5 seconds. From the client is takes about 40 seconds

Even the initial loading of ciscoview is much longer on the client. About 2 seconds on the server and 20 seconds on the client.

You may want to check your Browser settings. If you are configured to use a proxy server it will take an extremely long time to open up a device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco