Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ciscoview performance

I have just installed Ciscoview V5.3. If I monitor a device from the CiscoWorks server the response is very quick. However when accessing from a remote machine it can take upto 1 minute for the device to display. I have Java patches installed and have tried on different operating systems, browsers etc.

Is this normal?

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Ciscoview performance

The response time can vary on several factors, browser type, correct version of Java Plug-in, how well populated the devices chassis is like opening a fully populated Cat6513 may take a bit more time then say a 2900XL. Also, SNMP connectivity/response time from the client could be a factor.

The Ciscoworks server is in a test area at the moment and the client is is on the same segment.

It doesn't matter if I view a Cat 6009 or a 7204 router, the time is much longer from the client than from the server. They are both using the same browser version and Java plug-in.

As an example viewing a Cisco 5500 from the server takes about 5 seconds. From the client is takes about 40 seconds

Even the initial loading of ciscoview is much longer on the client. About 2 seconds on the server and 20 seconds on the client.

You may want to check your Browser settings. If you are configured to use a proxy server it will take an extremely long time to open up a device.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content