cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoView's Integration Utility for HP-UX

v.lofaso
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to integrated NNM on HP-UX and CV on W2K. The docs require having the Integration Utility on the same box as the NMS. So how do I get this utility for HP-UX?

any thoughts?

Vince.

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If your HPOV and CW2K are on separate servers, then you need to install the Integration Utility + HPOV Adapter on the server running HPOV. You can get both from: http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/cmc3rd.shtml

Go through the Readme files for the install procedure. Note that Integration Utility only supports HP-UX 11.0 for HP-UX platform.

This is exactly what I'm looking for, however I'm using HP-UX 10.20. Am I totally out of luck or can this still be done manually?

Vince.

Sorry, but the Integration Utility is not supported on HP-UX 10.20. I'm not aware of any other manual workarounds for this. You can maunally load the Cisci MIBs in HPOV, but that will not give you the CV integration or Cisco icons/symbols in the HPOV map.

Note that 10.20 isn't supported with the current version of NNM (6.31) and that it will be out of support next year.

The version you should be using is either 11.0 or 11i (11.11).