Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

ciscowork for windows 6.0

I am using ciscowork for windows 6.0 to manage my cat4006 switch. I would like to be able to monitor the cpu, bandwidth and memory utilization thru the threshold manager. I'ver tried to set several trap but none of them work. Can I configure any parameter in the cisco-stack-mib as a trap using the threshold manager? Is there a recomended set of trap someone could recomend me. Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: ciscowork for windows 6.0

Monitoring is different than setting up traps. If you just want to monitor things like CPU etc, you can use the CiscoView Real-time graphs to view them. If you want to setup traps, you need to create a threshold using the threshokd manager , define the trap receiver etc. There are some pre-configured threshold templates that comes with CWW or you can create your own new one also.

Community Member

Thank you for your response. I am new to network management and have been struggling w/ cww for awhile. Can you tell me how I can set trap for the cat4006 to monitor cpu, memory and bandwidth. I have when over serveral mibs but have not found the right parameter to monitor the cpu, memory and bandwidth. thanks.

Blue

Again, there not traps for CPU, Bandwidth etc. You need to create a Threshold in the CWW Threshold Manager for this. Refer to the CWW docs for details.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content