Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Purple

Ciscoworks 2000 and password changes

This is the problem that I am seeing . When I attempt to change the vty , console , or aux passwords when you use the Netconfig templates that they have defined it tries to add the "login" command which makes the job fail a lot of the time . I could use all adhoc commands but it is my understanding then the RME database does not get updated with the new passwords if you do this and you have manually go in correct all the passwords in the database . Why does the template have this command if a lot of routers won't even take it . It should just put the password command in and that's it . This is a pain because when the jobs fail you have to parse thru all the jobs and see where they failed and it takes a lot of extra time to correct all this . Any ideas on how to get around this short of using adhoc commands and manually updating the database when you are done ?

2 REPLIES

Re: Ciscoworks 2000 and password changes

What version of RME are you running? I think this is a bug and has been resolved in the latest IDU for Resource Manager Essentials 3.4

Purple

Re: Ciscoworks 2000 and password changes

We are running version 3.3 of RME . What is the bug number of the problem , would like to read it as this is really kind of a pain in the butt . thanks.......

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content