Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoWorks 2000 books or documentation.

I just finished installing CW2K Edition 2, ammending the snmp strings on my hardware and am in the process of setting up my network for these strings so I may discover my network devices. Is there any documentation on how to do this besides the help files and on the CCO, the problem I have is that the material seems to be all over the website. Any help would be appreciate.

2 REPLIES

Re: CiscoWorks 2000 books or documentation.

http://www.cisco.com/tac/newsflash/nms_110101_seg2.html

That should help you on your way. Head to www.bookpool.com or wherever you want to get books and check out Cisco Enterprise Management Solutions Volume 1. I really haven't got into the book enough to tell you if it is really that great or not, but it is a start.

Re: CiscoWorks 2000 books or documentation.

The "Cisco Enterprise Management Solutions" vol I (ISBN 1-58705-006-4) is actually pretty good. It's very close to the CEMS training. Notice however that it's on third edition and mainly covers RME. Vol II is schedule sometime spring 2002 and will cover CM.

Another book worth reading is "Performance and Fault Management" (ISBN 1-57870-180-5) also from Cisco Press. It has nothing to do with CW2000 or any other network management platform, but it gives you tons of ideas on which MIB variables and syslog messages to monitor for given areas of management.

Best regards,

Michael.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Michael Imhoff Nielsen Phone: +45 4599 1000 |

| IT Management Consultant Direct: +45 4599 1431 |

| HP Consulting Fax: +45 4599 1001 |

| Hewlett-Packard Mobile: +45 4060 1431 |

| Kongevejen 25 Internet: michael_imhoff@hp.com |

| DK-3460 Birkeroed TN: 546-1431 |

| Denmark http://www.hp.com/hps/hpc/i_management.htm |

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+

Views