Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoWorks 2000 changes the hostname of devices

I've got an interesting problem with Cisco Works 2000 where it will change the hostname on a router. I believe this happens when an old router is still in the RME database that is not in use anymore. We use the loopback address for managment and when a new device using that same loopback address is brought up RME must assume it is talking to the old device. After figuring this out we removed the old device and we don't seem to have the problem anymore.

The big question I have is what in CW2000 is actually changing the hostname. Is there a reason it would do this? I looked for some type of job that would automatically change the hostname, but don't see anything.

This has happened now on a few routers so I know that a big cleanup is in order to remove the closed sites.

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: CiscoWorks 2000 changes the hostname of devices

Not sure which version of RME you're using, but sounds similar to CSCdx73755 -> http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdx73755

which is fixed in the latest RME 3.4 IDU and RME 3.5

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content