Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoWorks 2000 error message

I am getting multiple messages on couple of Catalyst 4000 switches. These messages show up on the CiscoWorks management station. Does anyone know what they mean?

InCharge Domain : DFM Switch 172.22.1.100 PerformanceException - System is experiencing Port or Interface performance problems.

InCharge Domain : DFM Switch 172.22.60.3 OperationalException - This system or the components of this system are not functioning

properly

thanks

DTN

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CiscoWorks 2000 error message

Have you applied the DFM 1.1 IDS 1.1.1 patch from CCO?. This sound similar to CSCdu56631.

Thank you, I will check on the patch

Rizwan,

Thanks for your previous suggestion. I applied the DFM 1.1 IDS 1.1.1 patch, the errors went away for couple of weeks, all of sudden, they appear again. Here are the message I am getting:

InCharge Domain : DFM Switch 172.22.41.31 OperationalException - This system or the components of this system are not functioning properly

InCharge Domain : DFM MSFC MSFC-172.22.41.1-16 OperationalException - This system or the components of this system are not functioning properly

It appears that all devices that are at remote sites are coming up with this errors. The devices at the main site, where the CW2000 and DFM PC is located, don't have these errors.

Can you think of anything else that could have cause this problem.

Thanks

Red

The DFM 1.1.1 IDS should take care of some of these

errors. However, you want to double-check the

PerformanceException as well. Double-click on the

alarm in the Monitoring Console to get more details.

Thank you for the info.

Dat

Views
Helpful
Replies