Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoWorks 2000 Integration for Tivoli NetView 7.1.3 for LINUX

Has anyone tried to manually do the integration of CW200 and NetView 7.1.3 on LINUX? Cisco does not support CW200 on Linux even though I am only using a browser from Linux to access CW2000. Has anyone tried to hack the import so at least the MIBs, TRAPS and Cisco icons will install. I am assuming that a big part of the intergration is/are some scripts that copy all the importamt file to the correct file locations for NetView (e.g. Cisco Icon files, field files, and symbols).

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CiscoWorks 2000 Integration for Tivoli NetView 7.1.3 for LIN

Integration utility does not support Linux nor there are any plans to come up with one on Linux either. You can maunually load the MIBs but it won't give you the icons/symbols in the HPOV map. Not aware any other tricks to hack this manually either.

RIZWAN

Thanks. I know that it is not supported (Had a TAC case). I know I can also load the MIBS and TRAPS manually. I can also load the Cisco icons manually, if I had them. I was just looking for a easy way to get the icons loaded. Are the icons/symbols just image files in the integration utility? I do own a few copies of RWAN and LMS. Can I extract the images and load manually?

Blue

No, you cannot extract just the icons/symbols from your LMS/RWAN server. It's not that simple. You have to see the source code to find out what does the install script does for integration, which files get modified/added etc, which is not available.

Views
Helpful
Replies