Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks 2000 integration with HP Openview

p.adin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My name is Alexandru Nitulescu and I want to integrate CiscoWorks 2000 with HP Openview. I have a CiscoWorks 2000 Lan Manager installed on Windows 2000 machine and a HP Openview installed on HPUX 11i machine. I want to integrate theese two software and I don't know how I can do it.

Thank you in advance for helping me.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Use the Integration Utility and the HPOV Adapter from:

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/cmc3rd.shtml

Refer to the README files for the details.

wodriscoll
Level 1
Level 1

just to let you know ....

the integration all it does is provide links form HP NNM into Ciscoview and RME when you select a device..

there are certain problems

like for example if you have two seperate boxes

1. if you have two NT boxes it`s ok

2. if you have a Solaris/UX NNM box to CW2000 on solaris ...(and are X11ing in) ,it only works for the read/write

3. if you have solaris/UX to a CW2k on NT again Via X11 it doesn`t work properly ...

tje problem bieng is that instead of open CW2k in your client`s web-browser (i.e your wokrstation ,it open`s a session to your Server`s web browser),this is dead slow ,can cause your X11 session to crash and basically frezze`s prossessing ..

the solution i (i say i ..i mean my consultant from HP ) is working on is remote console to the Ux server ,from my client workstation`s....that way you use NT/IE for all CW2k session`s and the session is run locally ....

i will let you know how i get on ...

cheers

steve