Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks 2000 Performance Issue

rshanmugam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We are having Ciscoworks 2000 LMS bundle installed on a windows NT workstation with

PIII 866 /512mb RAM & 530MB of pagefile.It worked fine for sometime and after some time ,if i tried to open any campus applications ,it returns an error saying that ANI server is not running . But if ,i tried to look at the processes 'ANI server status is running but the busy flag is set' . I couldn`t able to use any campus applications. Even , restarting the server, also was not helpful. Could anyone suggest me a solution for this???

Raj

6 Replies 6

minielsen
Level 2
Level 2

What version of LMS did you install? And how may of the CD's? If you installed all of LMS 2.0 I would suggest that you are having problem with the amount of memory. I would say at least 2 GB of memory and 2 CPU's is what you need.

Michael.

Mike,

Thanks for your response ,but we use LMS version 1.0 and Cisco is recommending 512mb of RAM for that.

Raj

I would still suggest more memory. And I would suggest a move to either LMS 1.1 or 2.0. They are both 4th edition with a number of performance improvements (only difference is that 1.1 doesn't include DFM). I have just completed an implementation with CD-One, RME, CM, CV and RTM on a box with 1152 MB of memory and it was performing quite well, but I wouldn't put DFM and CFM on it without additional reources.

Michael.

Mike,

Thaks for your suggestion. I`ll upgrade the memory and check. And also I have a issue with Traffic Director 5.8.3. I did install it in the same server and tried to integrate with 6509 switch probe ,which has MS-SQL server 7.0 as a DB backend . I`m getting the real time reports ,but not the historical ones. When i tried to generate the historical report through the probe , it throe=ws me an error saying that 'No Data Available to generate the report 'eventhough the collection took place for a week. So would you please suggest me a solution for this . And FYI , we`ve Cat-Os ver 6.1.4 and NAM software version 1.2.2 .

Raj

Traffic Director has been replaced by Real Time Monitor (RTM, NetScout nGenius) and I have seen a number of patches for RTM dealing with Cat6k issues. RTM is included with LMS 1.1/2.0. I have not checked the pathes for TD, but you'll find them at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cwsi-td-smus.

Michael.

I've just received Cisco TAC Newsletter Vol. 3, No. 12 and there I found a reference to an article called "How To Configure TrafficDirector to Use the NAM Card in a Catalyst 6000 Series Switch" which might interest you. Look at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/TD/td_6knam_5742.shtml.

Michael.