cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k
Purple

ciscoworks 2000 problem

I am using Ciscowork 2000 and I'm trying to use Netconfig to have the program go out and clear counters on a number of switches . I am trying to use the "Adhoc" function to do this and I'm just inserting the "clear counters ,enter, yes , enter command . This command structure would normally clear the counters from the CLI . Why won't this work using the Adhoc feature , thought it was supposed to implement the commands exactly like they were input . I am trying to do this against any Cat 4000, 5000 , or 6000 . What am i doing wrong ? thanks for any input.

3 REPLIES

Re: ciscoworks 2000 problem

When you entered the commands, did you check the button for Enable mode?

Otherwise your commands would be entered in config mode and generate an error.

Purple

For Cat OS the enable is on by default , it is grayed out and you cannot change this at least on the screen I am seeing . The button next to the Enable has a dot next to it .

Am I correct in my interpretation of the adhoc commands? Do you have to put in each command by itself or can you bunch them together ?

Purple

Is there an easier way than to use netconfig in Ciscoworks to clear the counters ? So far I have been unable to get this to work using netconfig . It seems to get into enable mode then it doesn't know what to do with the "clear counters" command and it says "partial failure" if you look in the job details section . Don't really want to use CWconfig as I am not really a Unix guy . If anyone can detail the steps to get this done in Netconfig it would be appreciated . Is netconfig strictly used for configuration or should it accept the clear commands with no problem ? It seems to work ok on routers or 2924's so I would think it should work on the Cat Os without a problem though nothing would surprise me with this tool .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content