Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 2000 RME does not back up configs of 2950 and 3550 switches

t-williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have installed CiscoWorks 2000 LMS2.1 (CD One 5th Edition and RME 3.4) on a Windows 2000 server platform.

The Configuration Archive will not back up the configs of our Catalyst 2950-24, Catalyst 2950T-24 or Catalyst 3550-12T switches. The Failed Devices report shows the following:

For Catalyst WS-C2950-24 and WS-C2950T-24:

"Tftp:PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6717:TYPE=unassigned message type::Timeout error, %s Telnet: No telnet passwords in RME database Ssh: No ssh passwords in RME database"

For Catalyst WS-C3550-12T:

"Tftp:PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6721:TYPE=unassigned message type::SNMP error, %s Telnet: No telnet passwords in RME database Ssh: No ssh passwords in RME database"

I have tried the following, but all to no avail:

- I have lengthened the SNMP fast and slow timeout values in the RME System Configuration screen, but without success.

- I have checked that the telnet passwords and SNMP community strings as held by RME are correct, but without success.

- I have added appropriate custom TACACS prompts to the TacacsPrompt.ini file, but without success.

Can anybody shed some light on this problem?

(Incidentally, the configuration archive will successfully back up the configs of other Catalyst switch platforms on our network (eg Catalyst 3524, 3548, 5500, 2950G-48).

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

One thing that you can verify if to do in RME is to Export to File to see if the above device credentials are indeed correct, since RME thinks it the other way around.

dvlewis
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried installing IDU 2.0 for RME 3.4?

I was having some weird problems with our 2950s and RME. Device attributes for the 2950s would say TACACS not supported. I installed the IDU and my problem cleared up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: