cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 2000 - RME

lydia.harris
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CiscoWorks on Solaris. This morning CW2K issued some strange errors suggesting it had no access to RME Server. After stopping and starting dmgtd, the option to select RME from the left hand window, disappeared. We use the Inventory and Config Manager alot. Is there a way of getting RME back?

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Some more detailed eloboration on your problem above would be helpful in knowing as to what exactly is the problem?.

While looking at Import Status in RME this morning, I received some runtime errors. I then when to the "change device details" section within RME. That was fine. From there I attempted to get details of one of the devices. It returned an error suggesting that the RME Server did not exist.. Unfortunately I didn't write these down. I then stopped and started the daemon (/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop and start). When I went back into Ciscoworks the following were listed:

Home

Server Configuration

Device Fault Manager

Campus Manager

VPN Management Solution

Device Manager

..... Resource Manager Essentials was not present.

prior to this RME would be listed after Server Configuration.

Does this help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: