cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 2K, TFTP error message: Unauthorized access

huhernan
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to upload configs files and software images, using CW, from the Cisco switches (6509's) to the CiscoWorks box and it doesn't work.

WHen I tried the same operation pointing to my machine ip address, running tftp server it worked.

We just migrated our CiscoWorks box to a newer machine. We used the backup and restore of the DB's functions following the instructions in the CW help files.

WHen downloading config files and images (using the same options mentioned above on CW) to the Cisco switches works great, but the problem is uploading them to the CW box.

WHen I used the "Configure Card 1" --> Category "Upload/Download" option, I get the message

TFTP Status: unauthorized access.

WHen I used the "Configure Device" --> Category "File Copy" --> Category "Copy Config File" --> From "Runtime to Host" option, I get the message at the bottom of the window; Status: Access Violation.

The tftpboot directory is there and in the right location, the CRMTFTP service is running and there are no other TFTP services running on the server

I checked the switches/MSFC's and don't have any of these statements either: service config or boot network.

By the way the CW box is running WIndows 2000 AS and We've disable IIS Server shit.

Thanks greatly for your help.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

FYI: "WIndows 2000 AS" --> Is Not a supported OS platform for CW2K. Only Prof/Server is supported.

I apologize for not providing you with the correct information. Actually we're not running CW on Advanced Server but just plain Server.

Can you tell us what the problem is uploading configs/images using CiscoWorks to the CW box ?

Thanks again.