cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 6.0

chandra.mouli
Level 1
Level 1

i've installed CiscoWorks 6.0 trial version and im not able to connect to the Cisco devices such as Cisco 4000,Cisco AS5300 to monitor.Also, im not able to work with the thresold manager.What Read/Write community string should i enter.Any help/tips would be greatly appriciated

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

By CiscoWorks6.0 you mean CiscoWorks for Windows 6.0?. Also when you say you're not able to connect to devices like 4000, 5300 etc?. you mean that yoi're not able to open them up in Cisco View ?. Some details would help here.

Yeah im using CiscoWorks 6.0 for Windows(Evaluation)Im not able to use any of the modules such as Cisco View,Show commands,Thresold manager to connect to the devices.As of now,im managing the devices using CLI.I entered the Read/write string as private/public for Showcommands and thresold manager but it is not connecting and displaying an error mesaaages"Read/write may be wrong".The devices are in the same Subnet using Class C addresses of the Network.Do i need to enable any SNMP config on the Routers.

In order for CV to connect to the device: 1) The SNMP community strings must be configued on the device and must match with that being entered in CV while opening that device. 2) The device must be reachable via ip/snmp from the CV server. To check that, make sure tha you can ping the device from the CV server and to check snmp connectivity use any snmp tool that you may have to do a snmpwalk of that device to be be sure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: