Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ciscoworks and HP Openview Integration help

I have the cisco integration utility installed on a remote HP Openview NNM server. It was installed in accordance with the Cisco instructions. I try to import the devices from my ciscoworks server (separate server) and it fails. Error is "specified NMS from which you want to import is not available or only partially accessible." I verified that the credentials are ok. There is not a lot of info here for me to go on to begin to troubleshoot. I don't want to contact Cisco because they will point at HP, and HP will point right back at Cisco. How can I verify where this is going wrong? I don't even know if the request is making it to the Openview server. I know I can ping between the two and it resolves names fine. What to try???

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Ciscoworks and HP Openview Integration help

Are you trying to import devices from HPOV to CiscoWorks?. What is the OS runniing on both?

Yes, that is what I am trying to do. Both servers are running on Windows 2000. Is that the problem?

Blue

For importing devices from a Remote NMS Database/application, the remote server must be a UNIX (not Windows 2000) machine. This is documented in the RME docs

Views
Helpful
Replies