Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoWorks and monitoring switch port traffic.

Is there a means within CiscoWorks 2000 to monitor real-time traffic on a Catalyst 6xxx switch port? Do I require a NAM to do this in conjunction with RTM or is there an SNMP Mib that can do this. I would also like to save/print stats on utilization, kbytes/sec etc. In other words I would like to do on switches what you can on routers. Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CiscoWorks and monitoring switch port traffic.

- You can use the Real Time Graphs in Cisco View OR

- If you have RTM you can use it to get the Data Link Layer graphs without the need of a probe/NAM. For getting data for Network and Application Layer in RTM, you must have a NAM/Probe in the switch collecting the traffic.

With the RTM product am I able to save and print grahical information. Is this function available in Cisco View?

Blue

WIth CV, you can print the graphs but cannot save them since CV does not have nay kind of database to save info. All graphs are in real time, what you see is what you get :-)

Thanks, the info is nuch appreciated!

Views
Helpful
Replies