cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks and SSH versions

rodom
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me what Version of SSH are supported by the latest CiscoWorks products? And if Version 2 is not supported - is there a plan to support?

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If you have installed the latest Update-1 from:http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms it supports SSH v1.99 only.

All my routers have;

ip ssh version 2

If I change them to

ip ssh version 1

then will CiscoWorks 2000 Update 1, specifically RME discover/manage my routers? Or does v1.99 include ip ssh version 2?

According to Cisco TAC you will have to set your routers to SSH v.1 I had also set my routers to ver 2 and had to change back. VMS, specifically RME will fail if ssh ver 2 is configured. They told me that the next major release of VMS would support ssh ver. 2.

I had all my routers set to ip version 2, TAC said it would work, but "Management station to device" always failed with SSH. I switched back to version 1 and had no problems. This was the latest everything versions as of March 20th. I didn't pursue it further, for me ssh 1 was better than telnet.

where can you establish a ssh session to a device from ciscowork? all I can see is telnet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: