cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks common services 2.2 and win 2003

jstewart
Level 1
Level 1

How do we get ciscoworks loaded onto windows 2003? I upgraded the server and it works on 2003 but can't do an install.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

CiscoWorks currently does not support Windows 2003. No workaround either other than to use Windows 2000.

then why in the world does it work when you upgrade a server running win 2k with ciscoworks previously installed??? If I only hadn't reformated the server and started over, it was doing everything fine!!!!

Can anyone explain???

and when will it work with win 2003?????

Hello jstewart,

Apparently there is an update coming for for cisoworks next week. Not sure if it will include support for 2003 or not.

The installer checks the version of windows and will not intall on 2003. The reason it's not immediately supported on 2003 is because QA needs to do a full regression test of all the components on 2003 which I'm sure is a very large task. Sure, it may have ran fine when you upgraded the 2000 to 2003 but currently Cisco won't support it until they completed the testing. And this will, I'm sure, come in the form of an upgrade. Won't be a simple download.

I really would like the 2003 support as well. All of our servers are running it except the ones running Cisco software which is the pits.