Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Database

mcrespo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the following question:

Which is the database vendor of CiscoWorks databases? there is a service called CiscoWorks Sybase Server; is it a sybase database? Can it be queried?

8 Replies 8

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

It is Sybase. And if you are using RME 3.4 and later, then you can use the DEE (Data Export Engine) to query the db and get the output in XML format. See:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_3_x/3_5/u_guide/ug_eapps.htm#1159131

hi

i´ve got the same guestion. can i get the user tracking infos via odbc driver ?? i´ll use the data automatically and merge with endnode data from our pc-inventory. then i have a documentation overall.

thanks in advance

There is a web interface to allow you access CMF/ANI/RME databases. You need to login as user "admin", and change url to http://:1741/dbreader/dbreader.html

Hi,

I have problems finding the correct user for to login into the web interface. During installation you could only set a password but no user. So which user ID is correct? Tryed it with all I could imagine - but sometimes my imagination seems not to be as good as reality.. . Tryed it with admin user for LMS login, "casuser", the old default user "dba" and "ani". Nothing was correct to access the ani db. And another question, is it correct to use "dbpasswd.pl listdsn" to get a list of databases that can be accessed through the web interface?

I am trying to use the Ad-hoc Retrieval of Database from the URL http://:1741/dbreader/dbreader.html and I receive the following error message, "Authorization error. An invalid response was received from the authorization servlet. Try logging in again.". I am logging in to CW as the admin user and using the dba user and password on the Ad-hoc Retrieval of Database screen. Is there any documentation on how to use this database tool?

Thanks

Anyone get this to work yet? I am trying to access the Campus Mgr db (cmf), (ani) to query the user tracking table. I am not sure what database it is. But I am getting user id/password error. I have logged in as admin and have used this combo user/pass for admin. I could not find that I used a different id for db maint or ownership during install.

Yes this does work.

You will need to know the user id and passwords for each db. This would of been entered during install time, otherwise it of been set to factory defaults.

If I remeber correctly for each query you enter, you will need to re-authenticate,

nikki_carol
Level 1
Level 1

CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) is an integrated suite of management tools that simplify the configuration, administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of Cisco networks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco