Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks function missing

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

I've found one basic function missing in CiscoWorks:

I've added one line (the same) to about 30 devices configs via RME Netconfig.

After checking that this change is working OK, I wanted to save the running configs to startup configs. But there is no easy way in CiscoWorks...

The only way how to change startup config is via Config Editor, but you have to do it per device (I.e. edit each device config) and immediately after the change of running config. But there is no way how to check first that the config change was correct and to save it later on.

I would expect at least that after running Startup/Running Out of Sync Report I woud receive an dialog box offering a possibility to save the running configs to startup ones.

Generally:

There is no comfortable way how to exec the same set of CLI commands on several devices via CiscoWorks. You have to telnet to each device and make it manually.

Or have I missed something?

Regards,

Milan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi milan,

I think it should be as easy as it was to add the line to all of the devices...

Just open again NETCONFIG and create a "new job", select the same devices as before, as template select "adhoc" , IOS as device type, "enable" as Command Mode and type a "write mem" in the Commands Box. After finishing the job it should be done what you want.

(Next time just add the write mem after your special commands)

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

try this..

increase telnet timeout from default 60 to 300 in:

\CSCOpx\objects\cmf\data\TransportCat.ini

\CSCOpx\objects\cmf\data\TransportIos.ini

and you need to restart the CW2000 daemons processes,

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi milan,

I think it should be as easy as it was to add the line to all of the devices...

Just open again NETCONFIG and create a "new job", select the same devices as before, as template select "adhoc" , IOS as device type, "enable" as Command Mode and type a "write mem" in the Commands Box. After finishing the job it should be done what you want.

(Next time just add the write mem after your special commands)

Regards,

Martin

Martin,

thank you very much.

I missed the "enable" as Command Mode - I thought it should have an independent menu item as "Network Show Command" does.

Regards,

Milan

wsitu
Level 1
Level 1

when you use netconfig, you have a choice of "write running config to start". If you are not comfortable what it does, there is also a "fallback on error" option. You can also run an ahoc job to "wr mem" only, so that your configs get written. Netconfig is an excellent tool to use for multiple device config updates. I suggest you try one or two devices first each time you want to roll out config updates before selecting all devices.