Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks - Help

dboyd13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is there a way to get CiscoWorks 2000 (or anything for that matter), to create a report of just the un-connected rj45 ports for a particular switch?, because I would like to have a report run every day for lets say a month. So that I can assume that if certain ports have remained dead for +- 1 month, I can go and remove the patch lead from the switch, otherwise there is no way to tell how many ports are really available on a switch.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance....

- Darran

1 Reply 1

briapolo
Level 1
Level 1

I think you can. Just go into User Tracking. Then, discover the devices mac addresses for a particular switch ( post again if you need help with how to do that and I will answer). It will show you all ports that have a MAC on it (be sure to delete the old entries). Then, export into Excel and sort it - all the ports that are not there are the dead ones. As far as doing it every day..... i do not know about that - you would need a scripting routine to do that. Hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: