cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks NMS integration with Spectrum

a.oboyle
Level 1
Level 1

I have built 2 windows servers, One having CiscoWorks CD one 5 th editon LMS 2.1 bundle on it.

The second has Aprisma ( Spectrum ) on it. I have run the integration utility on the NMS platform and it seems to hang. After entering the CiscoWorks server info. Do I need to use the fully qualified DNS name for this server. Could this be why the install is hanging.

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What is the OS version of the 2nd server where Spectrum is installed?. You can get the Integration Utility and the Spectrum Adapter from: http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/cmc3rd.shtml and install it on the 2nd server running Spectrum.

Both Servers are running Windows 2000 SP3.

Also have down loaded and am in the process of installing the Integration utility, what happens is it loads installs the files, Asks for the CiscoWorks Server and port. I add these and it the gets to the point were it is integrating and writing perisions to the LVS files on the spectrum server and it stays on this mode now for 1 hr. I believe this was due to when I first tried this without the fully qualified DNS name of the CiscoWorks Server. I stopped the first install and have started a second with the fully qualified DNS name. It got the the LVS files sooner this time. So I believe it may work this time

Have done that. Started intall, Loaded files to C:\program files\cscopx. Intall then loaded adapter from web page. Installed Spectrum adapter and then started the writing perisions for "lib" files, Then proceeded to writing to "LVS" files and has been at this since 6:30 pm ( EST) it is now 10:55 am (est).

Is the install haning or can the writing to LVS files take this long?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: