Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoWorks "Ticker Window" not updating

Any ideas as to why the "Ticker Window" on our CiscoWorks server will not update from CCO? I parused the log files and found where it attempts to get the file from the URL http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/netmgmt/text/cwnews.txt.

How is it attempting to retrieve this information? I know this is trivial, but end-users are questioning on why it says "March 2002" when now it is August.

Thanks-in-advance.

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: CiscoWorks "Ticker Window" not updating

Could be due to CSCdt94451?. At least for my 5th Edition bundle, the ticker window shows June 2002. One thing you can try is to replace the tickerMessages.pl file in CSCOpx\cgi-bin\desktop, move or delete the files from CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet\msgdir, and restart the

daemon manager. That will force an update of the messages file, and

ensure the perl script running the ticker is not corrupt. Before you delete/move any file, make sure to make a backup of it, in case you need to revert back to the original.

Views
Helpful
Replies