Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ciscoworks RME attribute errors

We are trying to get our devices attributes to be correctly identified, so we can start importing our config files for D/R. Some of our devices are working(CSS11506 and 6500 route module) while others fail. Our read communities are correct but the write communities come up incorrect. I saw in the user guide and I am a little confused on where they are looking for the view being dropped. I assume its on the switch or router, whowever when I look at the SNMP attributes on these devices they groups seem the same.

Q. Why am I receiving an error message, Write Community = INCORRECT although I have entered the correct Write Community String? This was done using the Inventory tasks, Add Devices or Change Device Attributes.

A. Check if you have dropped the system group from the view (read-view and write-view). The system group must be available for read and write operation. In MIB-II, the system group is available as the default.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Ciscoworks RME attribute errors

You are probably encountering one of these issues which seems to have been fixed in RME 3.4 . You can check them if you have access to Bug toolkit.

CSCds82356

CSCds10725

CSCdu11028

Views
Helpful
Replies