cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks upgrade path for Solaris

sbanyas
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently using LMS 1.1 on Solaris 2.8. I will be upgrading shortly to maintenance release LMS 1.2 to address issues we have been experieincing with version 1.1.

I see LMS 2.1 is available, but I believe it isn't covered under software suport (to upgrade for free).

Can someone supply me with the following informaiton:

1. How many releases are we behind while on version 1.1? And what were the release versions?

2. What is the cost associated with upgrading to LMS 2.1? We are currently a customer with an active support contract. I know I can contact my local sales guy, but thought since I was posing the other question I would throw this one in.

I am looking for these numbers to present to my management on how far we are behind the times.

TIA.

Scott

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/top_issues/jump9.html should answer all of your upgrade related questions with CW2K and how to get the upgrade. It also contains the product bulletins for each bundle listing the details for the individual components included along with their versions. The latest is LMS 2.1 which contains CD-One 5th Edition, RME 3.4 etc. I believe that LMS 1.1 is not supported with Solaris 8

Thank you. I will look at that link.

Solaris 8 is supported on 1.1, just not heavily documented.

The current version of LMS is 2.1 It differs from 1.2 by the Device Fault Monitor. Usually the upgrade price would be half the full price, but that may depend on the country and the reseller. A CON-SAS contract with Cisco won't help any in this case as that excludes major release upgrades.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: