cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks2000 ani server and database problem!!help me!!!help me!!!help me

dearleo0909
Level 1
Level 1

I have install ciscoworks2000 4th edition and campus manager 3.1 on the sun enterpr.ise 2,the os is solaris 2.7,the natscape is 6,I meet a trouble,when i start the campus manager's topology services ,the java run ,and open a small windown to connect the ani server ,the process bar stop ....then I can't use it .the other campus manager's function too.....I look for the log ,and i find it

in the daemons.log there is ani server frequence open the connection tho the database and close the connection .I think it 's not netscape and java's problem,maybe the database is wrong.but all process is started.

what's wrong ?? the ani server is started , maybe the ani port is not working well,maybe is dns problem,maybe is java version.maybe is sun os .....

I reinstall the ciscoworks,but the trouble can't shooting...who can help me ????I install the ciscoworks2000 on the windows server ,but the problem too.I did it for long time .I must finish it today............save me!!!!

2 Replies 2

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Netscape 6 will not work. You need to be on Netscape 4.7x

You also have to make sure that you have the proper Java plug-in (1.3.1)

I would add that you should uninstall any other Java run time/plug ins prior to installing Java v1.3.1 (automatically installed by accessing your CiscoWorks server if no Java client exists.) Multiple versions can conflict with each other.