cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks2000 Campus Manager 3.1

gmueller
Level 1
Level 1

I have just installed Cisco Works2000 CD One, 4th Edition, Resource Management Essentials 3.3 and now Campus Manager 3.1 without any problems. But when I try to start any Service of Campus Manager (for example Topology Services) from the desktop, a window opened with "Ladevorgang läuftjava applet" and nothing happens anymore. In the java console you can find the error message

"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

com/cisco/nm/client/Security Exception"

Any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies 7

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Couple of things you need to double-check:

- do you have an English (US) version of the browser you can test with?

- do you have any kind of proxy setting in your browser?

I've been running 4th edtion on a server with French settings without any problems. Could it be the Java patch missing?

I have the Java Plug-in 1.3.1_01 installed. Is this sufficient?

Thanks

Hi,

On which plattform have you cw2000 installed?

From my experience I could tell you that we have a lot of problem with java, when we set theregional setting on a windows server on german. The thing is that only changing the setting hasn't help. We've do a newinstallation with windows 2000 and cw2000.

Hope it help.

The CiscoWorks2000 Server is a Sun with Solaris 2.6, the Client is running on a Linux-PC with Netscape 6.2 and Java Plug-in 1.3.1_01.

Thanks

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Try doing a CCO Bug Toolkit search to see if you're runniing into any known issues here.

ronald.heitmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi gmueller,

- regional settings might cause permanent trouble...

but:

***try the "Internet Explorer Settings"

-> proxy-settings

-> enter the CW2K-Server-IP-Address into the advanced area ("no proxy for: a.b.c.d"), even if the server is in your local network and "no proxy for local machines" is selected!!! There are several bugs in the IE regarding cache-proxies...