cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks2000 CD-One 5th Edition corrupt installation

jjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed CD-One 5th edition in a fresh test server with no problems. As an exercise for a colleague, I uninstall it and re-installed a second time. The problem is that now I cannot get the ani db to run. When I run the dbini script, I get some missing library file. From the browser I can logon to the server and perform changes, but the ani setup menu is not present. I have tried several times to re-install the app with the same result. It almost looks like during the installation it misses some any files or some ani configuration.

When I run the self test from the browser option, I get the following errors:

database.pl

FAIL Self Test Fail to query ani.DbVersion, Error: Database server not running (DBD: login failed)

Self Test Fail to query ani.SYSTABLE, Error: Database server not running (DBD: login failed)

Also checking in my production server, the ani server name is present in the ANY properties config file, but in the test server, no reference is made to the server name in any files. It is almost as if during the installation it by-passes any configuration for the ANI server.

I have been using the uninstall.sh from the application. Is there any thing else to be done after the uninstall and before re-installing it? Is any garbage left behind that is corrupting the re-install process?

Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Any errors showing in the install log?. Also you'll only see the ANI Setup menu if you install Campus Manager as well after CD-One.

Sorry, my wrong doing. Broken links were causing the uninstall not to do a proper cleaning up. I guess I got to excited.

Thanks.