Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoWorks2000 on Win2000 server with SP3

hi,

I have Cisco LAN MANAGEMNET solution 2.0 , Is there is any problem if I install it on a machine with windows 2000 server with SP3?

I know that the recommened is SP1 , and with SP2 it makes problems

What about SP3 in windows 2000 server ?

plz help

7 REPLIES

Re: CiscoWorks2000 on Win2000 server with SP3

hi there.

Whe experienced th problems with service pack 2. whe haven't tried the configuration with SP3, but want to use it. Can you give us an update if you know more ?

Thanks !

Greetings,

Mathijs Versteeg

p.s. what is the opinion of cisco regarding these problems ?

hi ,

I installed ciscoworks 2000 in a windows 2000 server machine with SP3 , it seems to be OK , until now I didnot see any problems similar to that I saw with SP2.

So, I think that there is no problem with CiscoWork2000 on win2000 server with SP3

regards

Blue

The latest version ofm CW2K (5th Edition) supports SP2, therefore if you're using the correct CW2K version, you should not have any problems.

Blue

SP3 is not tested with CW2000, therefore it's not currently supported.

If you have 5th Ed. I suggest you run with sp2. I personally have some problem with sp3, but I was told from others that it runs fine on sp3. fyi. cisco recommend it on sp2.

As a part of upgrading my LMS from 2.0 to 2.1 running on Win2k Pro SP2 I first installed SP3. After upgrading RME, CMS etc I lost access to my equipment databases. Even after repopulating I was not able to find the device again. I eventually deleted my databases and started from scratch w/ SP2 again and I'm back to normal. Not sure if it was all SP3 related or not, but interresting.

Anyone from Cisco aware of when SP3 will be supported? Is there any issues continueing to download security releases from MS?

Hello,

I have installed LMS 2.0 mostly (and some 2.1 ) on numerous customer sites.

I have never seen these 'SP2 problems' that you refer to - what are they ?

My recommendation would be to stick with SP2 until TAC recomends/suports SP3, but I have installed on one server already with SP3 and no problems yet.

Not very concrete I know, but I would be quite happy installing LMS 2.0 WITH THE APPROPRIATE PATCHES on any of NT4 SP6a, Win2K SP1 or 2 with a probably OK for sp3.

Don't forget Win2K ADVANCED SERVER is NOT a supported platform.

Make sure you have loaded all applicable patches.

Ian

Views
Helpful
Replies