cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks2000 with Windows XP and IE 6.0 !

fareeduddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

Is it possible to access a CiscoWorks2000 server from a Windows XP machine with Internet Explorer 6.0 ? I'm having problems with this config.

Please let me know if you have any ideas in this regard.

Thanks.

Regards,

Fareeduddin Ahmad, Network Engineer

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

The latest 5th Ed of CW2K supports XP clients. Make sure that with XP, you have installed the correct version of Java plug-in 1.3.1 only. Any other versions are not supported. If you have multiple versions of plug-ins installed, remove all and then point to the CW2K server to install the correct versions and give it a try.

Thanks for your response.

Well, we're using the 4th ed. of CW2K. Isn't there any patch or update we can use to enable the 4th ed. to work with XP clients ?

schm196
Level 1
Level 1

No problem; I've been doing this for several months. Just make sure you are using JRE 1.3.1 on your client machine - CW2K does *not* support JRE 1.4.0 (which is what Sun offers for download these days), which explains why Cisco doesn't update their links for JRE with the newer version.

JRE 1.4.0 will be supported in the future version of CW2K

How about support not just for CW2K but *all* of Cisco's now-Java-dependent http servers? I found out about this problem first when using CMS - it worked fine on some switches and not at all on others.