Views
Helpful
Replies

CiskoWorks web access

george
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running CiscoWorks2000 on a Win/Intel station. Is thre a way to restrict www access to CiscoWorks per IP (like htaccess) or can be done from CiscoWorks configuration?

George

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

No, but you can control this by not creating the login accounts for user for which you do not want to grant access to. In that case, they can still see the login screen, but will not be able to login.

Yes, I can understand that but I would like to tighten the security. In Apache (UNIX) you can specify a file (htaccess) were you can specify the access to a directory (html) by username and/or IP.

As I know CiscoWorks also uses Apache under Win2k. I have done the same configuration but still does not work.

George

Like you said, CW uses Apache server. So you can always update httpd.conf file to cater for your access need.

For example, CW root directory "/opt/CSCOpx/htdocs", currently allows all access. You can change it to "Allow from 192.168.0" which allows all hosts in that subnet, or "Allow from 10.10.10.10" which only allow that host. You may refer to apache.org documentation for more help.

HTH