Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Clearing IP NAT Translation

I am trying to remove an inside source static address by using the "no ip nat inside source static 10.x.x.x 1xx.x.x.x" command, but it keeps giving me an error stating "Static entry in use, do you want to delete child entries? [no]:" I have tried yes and no, but the static still shows up in a sho run. It looks like I should perform a "clear Ip nat translation", but im not sure if that clears any configuration or not. Im not a router expert, but I know enough to be dangerous only. Can I do this clear and not worry about configuration changes? It seems like the clear only clears what is cached, and in use at the time, and will just rebuild the NAT table on its own after its done? Am I right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Clearing IP NAT Translation

Yes, you can do a clear ip nat translation without fear of any configuration change...it does not affect the running configuration...it just clears the translation(s) in RAM. After you clear, NAT will rebuild the translations automatically.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Yes, you can do a clear ip nat translation without fear of any configuration change...it does not affect the running configuration...it just clears the translation(s) in RAM. After you clear, NAT will rebuild the translations automatically.

That worked! Thank you very much for your quick response...

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content