cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

clearing nat

rpalacio
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2 wan connectivity...1 serial and an isdn..i have a lot of services beeing use on d serial..once the serial goes down, my isdn should activate, but my purpose is just for internet connectivity.

on the serial part, i have an nat overload at the serial itself and using the backup command pointing to the isdn.

on the isdn side, i also have the nat overload pointing to the bri itself..

my question is, how can i clear the active nat when the active interface goes down..ie when there is a shifting from serial to isdn or vice versa..becoz that was my observation..it is not clearing the old nat, and if i do it manualy, it works

thx a lot

2 Replies 2

rwiesmann
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

There ist a command "ip nat translation timeout ". With this command nat translations will timeout after the translation is not used for the amount of time you have specified with the command.

Hope that helps

Roger

okay...but how will the nat translation on the backup interface get activated after clearing the old one?

thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: